My name is Paula. My mother was an excellent cook. In fact, I have been surrounded by excellent cooks all of my life.
I always liked to cook, but took
several years nearly two decades off from really cooking while I was working full time. In fact, I took so long off from really cooking that I forgot how to cook a lot of things.
Since becoming a stay-at-home mom and adjusting to continually changing economics, I have started really cooking again. I find that I am slowly remembering how to cook and really enjoy cooking again:) I still do not like cleaning up afterward though:(
Don’t get me wrong, I still love to eat out!
So, why this blog?
- After my mom died, my sister and I have had several requests for her recipes from family and friends. This will give me a way to share some of those recipes.
- I feel guilty about not cooking much when my stepson lived with us. Maybe, I can help someone else learn something.
- I had people show interest in my food related posts on my other blog, Another Segue.
- I am fascinated with kitchen gadgets and cookbooks, so I want to share my opinions.
- My husband is totally into new or different food items, so I can share some of our experiences. This may possibly save someone else money and/or taste buds.
- I love to eat out and I’d like to share my opinions about some of the places I eat or have eaten.
The recipes may be basic. The food may be fundamental. The techniques will not be those of a trained chef. I am a simple home cook who tends to be frugal, trying to share what I enjoy while having fun.