This was a no-bake cheesecake my aunt made in the 1970′s and gave me the recipe. It was one of my favorites. It is the first “cheese cake” I had ever had.
My daughter LOVES cheesecake and was super excited I would make her one – even though it does not look or taste like what she is used to eating (we just buy a baked cheesecake slice as dessert on a special occasion at a restaurant).
Recipe: Nora’s Cherry Cheesecake
- Crust: 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbps. sugar
- 1 stick oleo
- Filling: 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 pkgs. Dream Whip
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Crust: Ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Mix crumbs, sugar, and oleo.
- Divide and press mixture into bottom of two 9″ pie plates or use all in one 13 X 9 pan.
- Filling: Mix cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Mix 2 packages of Dream Whip according to directions on box.
- Fold whip into the cream cheese mixture and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
You can use pre-made graham cracker pie crusts instead. You can use only one can of filling if you do not want as much on top.