Cinnamon candy apples are nice to serve at Christmas because of their bright red appearance. I also love making them with really fresh apples in the fall.
They are nice for gatherings because they can be eaten hot or cold.
Recipe: Cinnamon Candy Apples
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. red cinnamon candy (Imperials or Red Hots)
- 6 – 8 firm apples
- Place water and sugar in a large skillet/pan.
- Heat until sugar in dissolved.
- Add red cinnamon candy. (I use Brach’s Imperials).
- Stir frequently until dissolved.
- Meanwhile, core and peel apples.
- Place apples in skillet when cinnamon candy has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn apples frequently.
- Cook until apples are tender (and red).
Use firm, tart apples that will hold their shape when cooked.
I used Empire and Granny Smiths.
You can stuff apples with a mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a little fresh mint.
Place mixture in zip plastic bag and snip off corner, or use pastry bag to fill centers of apples.
Add a sprig of mint on top to make it more red and green for Christmas.